Click here to read details of our outpatient alcohol and drug treatment process.
Intensive Adult Outpatient Program
The Intensive Outpatient Program is a year long program made up of three, 8 week
treatment phases, followed by six months of aftercare. During the intensive alcohol and drug treatment
component, participants are involved in a variety of group modalities in addition
to weekly individual counseling sessions. Both day and evening tracks are available
to better accommodate patient’s work or other schedules.
Participants attend a minimum of two, ninety minute groups per day, either three
or five days per week. These include:
- Chemical Dependency Education
- Relapse Prevention
- Basic group process work
- Family education and multi-family group
- 12-step education
Participants attend a minimum of two, ninety minute groups per day, two times per
week. The central focus of phase 2 is on identifying and resolving new and long-standing
obstacles to the recovery process, a developing an ongoing personal recovery program
apart from treatment.
Participants attend a minimum of 2, ninety minute groups per day, one time per week.
The main focus of this phase is to continue to address day-to-day recovery issues
while preparing to utilize ones personal skills, family support and community resources
in order live a satisfying and sober lifestyle.
Aftercare consists of weekly group meetings and semi-monthly alumni
meetings for people who completed the 12-week alcohol and drug treatment program and addresses day-to-day and
long-term recovery issues .
Weekly family education groups are held to educate and involve family members in
treatment. Families learn about:
- Drug education classes
- Family support/education groups
- 12 Step study classes
- Relapse prevention classes
- Recovery process groups
- Individual and family counseling
- Aftercare consists of weekly group meetings and semi-monthly alumni meetings for
people who completed the 12-week program and addresses day-to-day and long-term
This program incorporates many of the alcohol and drug treatment components of the adult program
but with some unique features to meet the distinct needs of youth:
- Educational and process group therapies specialized for adolescent drug treatment
- Creative expression groups such as art, music and poetry allowing for self-exploration
- Age-appropriate outings and drug-free social activities
- Drop-in center offers a fun, safe, drug-free environment
- Family involvement through family education, support groups, multi-family groups
and family therapy
Mental Health Counseling
- Addresses addiction and co-existing and independent psychiatric disorders
- Provided by licensed mental health professionals or supervised clinical interns
- Psychosocial and psychiatric consultations for adults and adolescents
- Individualized psychotherapy after initial 12 weeks of alcohol or drug treatment, as appropriate
Family Education and Parenting Classes are also available. For a description, see
our Education Services page.