As we approach and arrive at our senior years, we begin to understand why doctors always told us to take better care of our health. Prevention is something we hear about all of our lives, and only a small percentage of us really take it seriously. The good news is that many age-related health issues can be improved and avoided with preventive care
services covered by Medicare.
Better health can always be found through exercise and an improved diet, of course. There are other issues, though, that are not so easy to control. It’s much more dangerous for seniors to get the flu, life events can cause depression, and smoking or earlier substance abuse
can lead to a whole list of related health problems. Preventive screenings, counseling, vaccinations, and lab tests help to diagnose or treat potential health risks before they become serious problems.
Using available preventive services improves your health, which leads to other benefits. Your golden years should be spent enjoying life, so better health means fewer visits to care providers. You have better things to do. Just a wellness exam and flu shot will keep the doctor away for a while. Good health means a more active lifestyle and less reliance on others to get around, as well. So, preventive care really does give you more joy and freedom in life.
Tarzana Treatment Centers provides Medicare preventive care services at our Primary Care Clinics. We offer a wide variety of the covered services so you can experience that joy and freedom. We look forward to seeing you soon. Here is an alphabetical list:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening
- Alcohol Misuse Screening and Behavioral counseling Intervention in Primary Care
- Annual Wellness Visit (Including Personalized Prevention Plan Services)
- Bone Mass Measurements
- Cancer Screenings
- Breast Cancer (mammograms and clinical breast exam)
- Cervical and Vaginal Cancer (pap test and pelvic)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Prostate (PSA blood test and Digital Rectal Exam)
- Cardiovascular Disease Screening
- Depression Screening in Adults
- Diabetes Screening
- Diabetes Self-Management Training
- Glaucoma Screening
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Screening
- Immunizations (Seasonal Influenza, Pneumococcal, and Hepatitis B)
- Initial Preventive Physical Examination - “Welcome to Medicare” Preventive Visit
- Intensive Behavioral Therapy for Cardiovascular Disease
- Intensive Behavioral Therapy for Obesity
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (for beneficiaries with diabetes or renal disease)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) Screening
- High-Intensity Behavioral Counseling (HIBC) to prevent STIs
- Tobacco-Use Cessation Counseling
Telemedicine services are also available with online medical care, online mental health treatment, and online alcohol and drug treatment.
Southern California Locations for Alcohol and Drug Treatment
Tarzana Treatment Centers has locations all over Southern California
in Los Angeles County. Other than our central location in Tarzana, we have facilities in Lancaster in the Antelope Valley, Long Beach, and in Northridge and Reseda in the San Fernando Valley.